The entry level quality assurance engineer is responsible for working as part of a collaborative development team to create test cases and ensure applications meet requirements for functionality, look and feel, and performance. The QA role is a critical component of the overall software development lifecycle, and involves providing input and taking direction from project managers, developers, and solution architects.
The QA Engineer will:
- Review and analyze user stories and business requirements to create test cases
- Provide work estimates for testing user stories
- Create test data as required
- Identify and log defects, work with development to resolve, and verify fixes when implemented
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement in process and standards for the entire team
- Enjoys working as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to respond to changing demands, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work on-site in our Huntington, WV office
Is that you?
- Knowledge of test automation design, frameworks, and iterative development
- Proficient level of understanding of basic database structure concepts and ability to create simple and complex queries
- 1+ years of hands-on development experience or coursework in a university or community college setting
- Familiarity with .NET, Java, and/or AngularJS in order to do basic programming
A Bit About Us
Core10 is a full service software development company that employs a dedicated pool of engineers who choose to make their homes in West Virginia and the surrounding area. At our technology center located in Huntington, WV, we provide a cost-effective alternative to financial technology customers who currently outsource their development efforts overseas. We embrace Agile development methodologies, a collaborative culture, and foster career growth for our employees. We believe that keeping technology jobs onshore in the United States is good for our economy and even better for our customers.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for employee (paid in full) and family (paid in part)
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401(k) plan
- State of the art office environment and the latest development tools
- Training opportunities
Core 10, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.